Elevate Care Waukegan - Join -our team! We are -seeking a
-Director of Nursing -(DON) -to lead a team of long-term care
professionals. This is a vital role in a facility with a positive
community reputation, a history of successful outcomes, and an
experienced cohesive team.
YOU -are our greatest asset! We offer our Director of Nursing -the
- - - - -Competitive wage
- - - - -Affordable Health Plan (Medical, Dental and Life insurance
- - - - -Great culture and work environment
- - - - -401k (Matching)
- - - -Free Life Insurnace
- - - -Plus Much more
The primary purpose of the Director of Nursing position is to plan,
organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing
Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility,
and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical
Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times. -
Responsibilities for -Director of Nursing (DON):
- - - - - - - -Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and
direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and
activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations and
guidelines that govern the nursing care facilities.
- - - - - - - -Develop, maintain, and periodically update written
policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the
nursing service department. Make written and oral
reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as
necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service
- - - - - - - - - -Develops methods for coordination of nursing
services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of
the resident's total regimen of care. - Maintain an ongoing quality
assurance program for the nursing department. -
- - - - - - - - - -Participate in facility surveys made by
authorized government agencies as necessary or as may be directed.
- Assist the Quality Assessment & Assurance Committee in developing
and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct identified
- - - - - - - - - -Coordinate continuing education/in-service
training for nursing department.
- - - - - - - - -Assist the HR Director in developing performance
evaluations on an annual basis for the nursing department. - Ensure
that departmental disciplinary action is administered fairly and
proper documentation for such discipline is given to HR Director
for personnel file.
- - - - - - - - -Maintain confidentiality of all resident care
information including protected health information. - Report known
or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such
Qualifications for -Director of Nursing -(DON):
- - - - -Must have, as a minimum, 3 years of experience as a
supervisor in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related
health care facility. - - - -
- - - - -Registered Nurse with current unencumbered state
- - - - -Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- - - - -Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an
example of teamwork and team concept.
- - - - -Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities. -
Apply today for immediate consideration!
YOUR FUTURE STARTS NOW!