Company: Elevate Care Waukegan
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Elevate Care Waukegan - SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the
Dietary Manager is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the
overall operation of the Food Service Department in accordance with
current, federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and
regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the
Administrator, to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe
and comfortable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
Food Service Department, its programs and activities.
- Supervise the receiving and storage of food.
- Supervise food preparation and service.
- Plan and conduct in service training program.
- Purchase necessary food and supplies.
- Perform simple arithmetic and units of measurement conversions
used in food preparation.
- Plan diets and menus for review by the consultant.
- Implement diets and menus for approved by the
- Document the dietary component of resident's care
- Review and revise each resident's progress toward care plan
- Follow the dietary component of resident's assessments and care
- Inform and educate residents regarding therapeutic
- Maintain file of standardized recipes.
- Follow dietary policies and procedures and food service job
- Maintain food and labor costs within the dietary
- Work with administration and the Activity Department to plan
menus and provide special foods for parties or other scheduled
- Maintain menus for required retention period.
- Plan food substitutions for residents who refuse or are unable
to eat food served.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Be responsible for the safety of residents under his/her
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Assume accountability for data contained in the employees'
- Accept assigned duties in a corporative manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed by his/her
- Perform all duties assigned in an effective, timely and
- Observe infection control procedures.
- Complete the assigned MDS section(s) in a timely
- Follow Residents' Rights polices at all times.
- Assume Quality Assurance duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years experience in a supervisory
capacity, in a food service related position.
- CDM preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret
- Must be licensed in accordance with current applicable
standards, codes, labor laws, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of food service practices and procedures,
as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing food
service functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.,
and maintain the appearance of food service areas; must perform
regular inspections of kitchen/storage units for order, safety, and
proper performance of equipment.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and
enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on
whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the
- Must be able to push, pull move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Elevate Care is a fully integrated post-acute care consortium
offering 24-hour skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation,
post-hospital recovery and many more clinical specialized programs.
We not only provide the highest quality of care, we take it to the
next level. Elevate Care is well known for our commitment to our
employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development,
career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous
compensation packages and much more.
Elevate Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Elevate Care Waukegan, Waukegan , Dietary Manager, Executive , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!