Manager, Human Resources
Company: Great Wolf Lodge
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Position Summary: At Great Wolf, the Human Resources Manager is
responsible for execution of HR strategy to support and grow our
most important asset - our Pack. In this role you will partner with
lodge leadership to ensure the HR function helps drive success and
supports achievementof Great Wolf Lodge business goals.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides ongoing support and guidance in day to day recruiting.
Oversees recruitment and hiring of supervisor and manager positions
as well as other open roles as assigned.
- Effectively assesses and prioritizes staffing needs as well as
develop and drive strategy to improve staffing levels.
- Understands labor model and is able to activate recruiting and
staffing strategies based on fluctuations in staffing levels
- Plans effectively for hiring needs based on forecast, turnover,
and current staffing levels
- Ability to manage and run full scope of performance management
including goal setting, coaching and performance management and
execution of pack member performance appraisal process.
- Conducts investigations as assigned, presents findings and
- Conducts training to effectively onboard new Pack and new
leaders and ensures assignment and training completion of required
courses in Great Wolf University.
- Supports Pack Member development by offering coaching and
guidance around career paths.
- Performs gap analysis against competency models and works with
leaders to develop their Pack for career growth and
- Oversees leave administration, payroll administration including
oversight to tenure increase porcess and other reporting as
assigned by HR Director.
- Handles day to day benefits questions and helps lead annual
Open Enrollment process.
- Oversees workers compensation claims working with the both the
insurance company and with the injured employee.
- Leads employee recognition and Pack culture through event
planning, constant reinforcement and marketing of recognition
- Communicates information and ideas clearly, confidently and
articulately both in oral and written form.
- Provides feedback that supports pack member's growth,
development and engagement
- Assist in building bridges between departments, leaders and
Pack Members across the lodge
- Follows all federal and state employment law in decision making
process and escalates areas of risk or potential liability.
- Works to stay up to date on federal and state law changes and
demonstrates a working knowledge of basic law as it pertains to
worker's comp, payroll, hiring, termination and other employment
- Provides administrative support as needed for operations
including; payroll, time and attendance, inventory, ordering, and
other data input.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects operations by keeping
human resource information confidentialBasic Qualifications &
- Bachelor's Degreein HumanResources, Business or related field
or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1yearprevious HR experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and positive energy
- Multi-tasking abilityDesired Qualifications & Traits
- Previous experience in hotel/resort/theme park industry
- Human Resources certification or other specialized
- Experience utilizing HR Technology Physical Requirements
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs
- Able to bend, stretch, and twist
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of timeEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Great Wolf Lodge, Waukegan , Manager, Human Resources, Executive , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!