Cybersecurity Analyst (Risk Management)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Discover. A brighter future.With us, you ll do meaningful work
from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core
behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed
Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference
at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments
companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an
opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the
reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with
Discover.Job Description What You ll DoEnsure disciplined execution
of Cyber initiatives and risk remediation efforts.How You ll Do
- Delivers metrics and performance reporting to enhance real-time
risk decisions and initiative prioritization
- Collaborates with cross-functional resources to drive progress
toward cyber initiatives or risk remediation deliverables
- Coordinates all exam management requests with program
- Collects, reviews, and uploads all artifacts submitted as
evidence in advance of requested dates
- Assists in compiling management corrective action plans for
risk item closure
- Performs due diligence and validation on identified risk
- Work with Cloud Data Platform and Data and Analytics leadership
team to bring awareness of Cyber Risks to their Business area of
responsibility and ensure timely delivery of obtainable and
thorough remediation action plans to meet SLAs.
- Serves as the primary advisor, and provides guidance to
department leadership on a range of governance, regulatory, audit,
risk management framework, procedures, controls, and compliance
- Gathers, reviews, and challenges evidence and data for accuracy
and completion to achieve risk mitigation and controls
effectiveness. Validates resolutions are satisfactory, and manages
the progress of action plans to closure.
- Documents and manages organizational Security Exceptions and
Action Plans and advises management on perceived control
- Builds an extensive and comprehensive list of requirements to
automate the risk remediation assurance workflow, and oversees the
platform design to certify the correct integration into the Service
- Highlight challenges to meeting remediation targets and
facilitate internal discussions to continue progression to action
plan and communicate blockers. Manages Cybersecurity Issues and
Action Plans in the risk registries and advises management on
perceived control weaknesses.
- Guides the implementation of the automated risk remediation
assurance workflow in Service Now system for centralized tracking
and reporting of all identified units of risk, and collaborates
with BT management to remediate potential vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge share with BISO office on what department is working
on, planning, and prioritizing to specific BT/Business goals and
trends. Works closely with management to define and promote the
strategic direction of the department.
- Sets direction, organizes and enables collaboration across
- Coaches and mentors other professional staff
members.Qualifications You ll NeedThe Basics
- Bachelors Degree - Information Security, Information
Technology, Analytics, Business, Project Management
- 4+ years experience in Information Security, Information
Technology, Business, Analytics, Project Management or related
- In lieu of education experience, 6+ years experience in
Information Security, Information Technology, Business, Analytics,
Project Management or relatedBonus Points If You Have
- Strong project management skills, highly organized.
- Ability to maintain executive level reporting.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage problems independently.
- Willingness to develop Cyber and Cloud security
skills#Remote#BI-Remote#LI-JJ1What are you waiting for? Apply
today!All Discover employees place our customers at the very the
center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers,
each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance
and risk management.The same way we treat our employees is how we
treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is
an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on
diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our
recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at
Discover. Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage,
manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager,
relationship manager, task
Keywords: Discover, Waukegan , Cybersecurity Analyst (Risk Management), Executive , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!