Regional Facilities Manager
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout BioLife Plasma
Services Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment.This position is currently classified as
"hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work
policy.BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda
Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.Reporting to the Head of BioLife
Facilities & Program Management, this role contributes to BioLife's
mission with ensuring a positive and safe experience for donors and
employees at our Plasma Centers through excellence in facility
management. This role's primary focus is:
- Support Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) services for
Plasma Centers within an assigned region to maintain business
- Communicate between Plasma Center operations personnel,
Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) suppliers, and
internal/external stakeholders to ensure that Plasma Center support
exceeds service expectations.
- Facilitate facilities management functions and services,
including but not limited to: Freezers, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical,
Lighting, Signage, Fire/Life Safety Systems, Access Control/CCTV,
Uniform Program, Janitorial, Pest Control, General Building
Maintenance, Roofing, Parking Lots, Roadways, Walkways,
Landscaping, both Bio-Hazardous and General Waste Removal,
Recycling, Snow/Ice Removal, Disaster Planning (response/recovery),
Temporary Generators, Mobile Freezer Units, etc.
- Communicate any business interruptions to key stakeholders and
coordinate emergency response 24/7ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Partner with IFM and critical asset suppliers to ensure
reliable facility operations and to maintain sites in an
- Collaborate among multiple stakeholders to ensure program
success, favorable satisfaction scores, business continuity, and
- React to inclement weather and facility operations events and
ensure immediate support is provided 24/7 from pre-planning to post
- Review and process invoices and purchase orders, including
reporting and oversight to ensure compliance to company guidelines
as well as project budgets and schedules.
- Support new Plasma Center turnover from the Project Engineering
team to IFM suppliers.
- Support the emergency work order response process to facilitate
prompt response and resolution.
- Support sustainability initiatives.
- Coordination and resolution on facility related audit
- Assist with Playbook development.
- Other Duties as AssignedDIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Understanding of facility management functions, services, and
- Computer skills, including MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and
PowerPoint, as well as typical corporate systems for Procurement,
Expense Reporting, and Human Resources.Decision-making and Autonomy
- Support decisions to minimize business interruptions.
- Ability to assess problems and propose solutionsInteraction
- Ability to partner and interact with suppliers
- Interface with landlords and property managers for leased
- Effectively respond and communicate with credibility during
stressful situations or when handling complaints.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Interact with the BioLife US Operations, including Regional,
District, and Plasma Center Managers.
- Maintain corporate office and remote ways of working with
internal and external stakeholders (interactions by phone, MS
Teams, or via email).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and
- Ability to support problem resolution and contribute to
- Support projects and resolve issues without being
on-site.EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of industry
related experience or an equivalent combination of education and
- Prior experience in facilities maintenance or operations is
- Proficient in using MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Teams, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and
collaboratively within teams
- Excellent internal and external customer service.
- Persistent, resourceful, flexible, and well
- Travel up to 25%
- Provide back-up support to colleagues as neededEEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsBannockburn, ILWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Waukegan , Regional Facilities Manager, Executive , Gurnee, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!