District Account Manager - Midwest/West
Company: SKF USA
Posted on: November 21, 2020
District Account Manager Western States
Reports to: Regional Sales Director
Location: Chicago Metropolitan Area (Will need to commute to office
in Waukegan, IL)
Our sales organization places a strong emphasis on district growth
from existing and new customers. We seek highly competitive
individuals that thrive on winning.
The District Account Manager is a predominantly inside sales role
using phone, email and other technologies to deliver profitable
year-over-year growth within the SKF strategic industries and
associated product lines (includes the following brands: SKF, PEER,
Kaydon, CR Seals, & Cooper). This sales position reports directly
to a Regional Sales Director.
The District Account Manager will be required to prospect for new
customers (lead generation), qualify those new customer leads,
develop those leads into real opportunities and manage the
opportunity through the sales cycle to closure. Realizing existing
customers are a path to new business, the District Account Manager
is responsible for continuous, proactive engagement of existing
customers to ensure their experience is a success, while always
looking for new opportunities within existing customer
The District Account Manager will work closely with the District
Sales Manager in mainly one district (includes multiple states).
The District Account Manager will be responsible for a certain set
of customers within the district and must ensure they are properly
and effectively maintained. This position requires simultaneous
management of many opportunities and leads at various positions in
the pipeline, not losing focus on the constant push for new
business, while also carrying for the needs of your existing
customer accounts. The states that this district includes are AZ,
CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, & WY.
The District Account Manager will have the opportunity to grow into
other sales role within SKF such as District Sales Manager, Key
Account Manager, or Strategic Account Manager.
* Deliver consistent year-over-year sales growth within the
assigned districts and with the assigned account base
* Short and long-term strategic goals are met through strong focus
on customer acquisition, customer retention, closed deals, and
exceptional relationship building.
* Pipeline development and management
* Strong focus on growing and maintaining an accurate sales funnel.
Focus on consistently filling it with new and lucrative
opportunities. Update CRM tools which documents activities at the
* Work internally to ensure customer s orders can be fulfilled to
* Provide consistent and accurate customer item forecasts and work
with demand chain to maximize inventory efficiency.
* Manage existing accounts in order to retain business and create
opportunity to secure additional business from existing
* Handle customer advocacy within our organization, respond to
requests for inventory levels, shipment status, POs, forecasting,
and requests for quotes. Remain eyes and ears regarding customers,
market, competitors-actively updating Management.
* Aggressive prospecting for new customers
* Find new customers that use the products we sell, make initial
contact, and manage them from lead to opportunity to closed
* Proactive and continuous customer connection
* Ensuring SKF project involvement, opportunities are quoted in a
timely manner and followed up professionally; further solidifying a
positive customer experience.
* Bachelor s Degree from an Accredited College or University
* Must be competitive and hungry to succeed by constantly building
his/her pipeline of new business opportunities while staying
focused on closing existing opportunities
* Strong desire to win and highly competitive
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Tactically pursue new customers by making frequent cold
* Position is predominantly an inside position (some travel might
* Competitive spirit with a strong desire to hunt for new
* Driven to succeed
* High achieving, ambitious, and results-oriented
* Innovative, generating original solutions and ideas
* Exceptional interpersonal skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
* Ability to work from home may also be required
* The ideal candidate will live near Waukegan, IL (ability to
* Competitive and has a need to win, while maintaining a positive
* Ability to research to find prospects, make initial contact to
qualify, and turned qualified leads into opportunities teamwork
needed with District Sales Manager & Sales Support Teams to capture
* Ability to communicate and present effectively, whether
in-person, via web, or by telephone.
* Ability to manage your time efficiently, unsupervised and work
from both a home office, company office, and on the road as
* Ability to develop positive and lasting relationships with
internal and external customers
* Demonstrate problem solving and performance analysis skills
* Ability to influence others (negotiating skills, persuasiveness,
and tenacity to follow up)
* Ability to develop multiple points of contact across the
enterprise of OEM businesses
* Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mentality and takes ownership of
* Ability to manage a big pipeline of opportunities at different
sales stages to keep them all moving toward close
* Account management skills with an ability to handle many internal
administrative account management activities while also focusing on
the drive to develop and close new business
* Maintain a large and diverse customer base with varying degrees
of needed support to maintain/grow their business
SKF s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing
business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including
bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and
maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries
and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales
in SEK is around 85 billion and the number of employees are 45,000.
What You ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and to work
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our
employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans
to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric
screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and
incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options!
Participate in our 401K program that boasts a 100% match up to 5%
of your elected contribution (100% Vested). And regardless of your
participation, SKF automatically contributes 5% into your account
per pay period (3 Years Vesting).
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary
critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee
assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs,
mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for
SKF, we could not name them all!
Keywords: SKF USA, Waukegan , District Account Manager - Midwest/West, Executive , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!