Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Our location in Lake
County, IL currently has an opportunity for a DevOps Engineer. This
individual should have the ability to identify and gather
requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
Capabilities to provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and
best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project. WHAT YOU---LL
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates
- Working with software developers and software engineers to
ensure that development follows established processes and works as
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management
- Excellent understanding of DevOPs and Agile principles.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the
ability to work on multiple projects at the same time EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE, YOU---LL BRING--MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:--
- Bachelor---s Degree in--Computer Science or related field
- 7-10 years of experience or more experience
- Must have programing language experience
- Hand-on Experience with large scale implementation leveraging
Docker, Kubernates, Istio, Helm, Github actions and runner
- Must have strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments
and scripting languages like--Python, Perl, and Shell.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of infrastructure automation
tools (Packer, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous
deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for projectsPreferred
- Excellent knowledge of micro-service architecture and devops
practices for micro-service architecture.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of web services concepts and
automation/integration leveraging available API.
- Ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines i.e.,
implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify
bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues.
- Re-defining Architecture by analyzing the current system and
following new practices.
- Must possess excellent automation skills and the ability to
drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Build and establish new channels for the Operations and
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software
testing methodologies along with configuration management
practices. WHAT WE OFFERAt Abbott, you can have a good job that can
grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to
your life to help you live fully:-- www.abbottbenefits.com Follow
your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a
company that provides the growth and strength to build your future.
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee
diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Waukegan , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!