STEM Scholar Coach-Cristo Rey, Waukegan, IL
Company: Schuler Scholar Program
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Scholar Coaches are at the root of our growth as an organization
and our program's greatest resource. Join today and help make a
difference in the lives of students as a
STEM Scholar Coach.
Who We Are
Schuler is a private, non-profit college access program. We
currently serve over 800 high school and college Scholars in
partnership with 15 high schools spread throughout Chicagoland and
one location in Milwaukee.
What Our Goal Is
The Schuler Scholar Program equips high-achieving and
underrepresented students to gain access to and succeed at highly
selective colleges and beyond.
What Makes Us A Unique College Access Program
- Holistic approach- academic enrichment and tutoring, college
counseling, personal development and leadership, mentoring, and
- Level of support- working closely with each individual
- Length of program- 4 years of HS, into and throughout college,
What A Day in the Life of a STEM Scholar Coach Is Like
The Schuler Scholar Program seeks recent college grads to serve as
STEM Scholar Coaches (SCs). STEM SCs work closely with Scholars at
Cristo Rey St. Martin College , one of our partner high schools in
Waukegan, IL, and are responsible for delivering Schuler programs
and serve as mentors. Coaches work directly with Scholars in
one-on-one and in group settings. Candidates should be passionate
about working with students from diverse backgrounds, including
first generation college students. The qualified candidate will
display strong academic achievement, be highly organized, possess
strong leadership and interpersonal skills and effectively work
independently as well as in teams.
- Build relationships with Scholars and staff at your partner
- Collaborate with school team and other Schuler staff to support
development and delivery of Schuler programming
- Serve as an academic coach for a caseload of approximately
- Facilitate 1:1 Schuler program sessions, including STEM
coaching and academic tutoring
- Facilitate large group after school sessions that focus on
academic success and personal development
- Monitor and track Scholar progress to ensure that Scholars
receive appropriate support
- Plan and chaperone Scholars on cultural exposures (field
- Take on additional responsibilities as required by various
Project Coordinator positions (ex: Scholar Selection Coordinator,
Camp Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Summer College
Programs Coordinator, and more)
- Chaperone up to week-long college visits
- Plan and facilitate a range of academic summer programs
- Participate in other Schuler activities, projects and processes
as needed by your school.
Every year we seek STEM SC candidates who can speak Spanish.
Because a significant portion of our Scholars come from Spanish
speaking families, it is critical to have Spanish Coordinators to
assist in both oral and written Spanish communication.
STEM SCs receive program specific training throughout the school
year. Schuler ensures that STEM SCs feel prepared, confident and
supported while working with students and facilitating programs.
STEM SCs can also take advantage of various professional
What Core Competencies Make A Scholar Coach Successful
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
What We Offer
Salary- $36,000 plus $1000 one-time relocation signing award.
Comprehensive medical/ dental/vision plans, 403(B) with employee
match, generous PTO, individual professional development budget,
Schuler funded social events, shorter summer hours and more.
Schuler Staff who have worked for the Schuler Scholar Program are
eligible for a $10,000 Education Award after four years of
employment. The Award can be used toward paying current eligible
student loans or toward tuition for an advanced degree.
Work and Covid Policy
The Schuler Scholar Program is currently operating on site at all
of our locations. Staff are required to be vaccinated. Schuler will
consider accommodations for medical and religious-based
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Schuler Scholar Program, Waukegan , STEM Scholar Coach-Cristo Rey, Waukegan, IL, Education / Teaching , Waukegan, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!